WWOOF Mexico

You may use this forum to post comments on host farms. Unsubstantiated negative comments or abusive language will result in the comment being deleted and the membership of the poster being cancelled.

Views: 1960

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Solferino in QR usually has room for people

me too im waiting to find out about a Farm in Palenque, Chiapas,and i got reply,hope someone gets in touch soon,as im really looking forward to going,and working there,

hey y'all I have been wwoofing at Whitt's End Rancho on the east cape of baja cali. sur for the past 3 weeks

http://www.wwoofmexico.org/group/farm-in-cabo-del-este-baja-califor...

i would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to wwoof. Lisa (the owner) is super reliable and speedy with replies/plans. The ranch is great, they are goat dairy and make homeade yogurt and cheese. THe area is amazing, you can go to the beautiful deserted beach every day or explore the desert/mountains. It was pretty frustrating trying to find a reliable and good place in Mexico so I figured I could help anyone else out by letting them know of one definitely good place. They could also really use the help down here, there is a lot of work to be done at Whitt's End=)

Hola Necesitamos ayuda extra en el cultivo de la MILPA.

Interesados que viajen por Guadalajara Bienvenidos!.

levisrios@gmail.com Telcel 3311550528

Levi Ríos 

Has anyone been to the WWOOF farm in Palenque? I am currently in Chiapas and likely to go there soon but it would be so nice if there was an easier way to see reviews and other people's experiences at a farm before going there..if anyone has been and would like to share their thoughts on the experience please post here or send me a message! Gracias a todos 

alguien viajo a la granja que esta Solferino, Quintana Roo?

Hi, I would not recommend volunteering with MEX013 in Quintana Roo http://www.wwoofmexico.org/profile/PatrickCarrier

I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO GO THERE ALONE

It is very far from the village and the only transport provided is a bicycle which takes a long time to ride to town.
The owner, Patrick Carrier, takes a lot of drugs and becomes very aggressive at times.
They charge M$500 pesos per person, per week for food (very expensive!) but are using this to make a profit and do not give you enough to last the time.
Patrick has extreme beliefs about hidden societies which are controlling the earth, that he has psychic powers and can read the minds of humans and animals and control their behaviour.
One day I accidentally upset him and he was yelling at me and getting very close with a machete. I was quite scared as I was very isolated there is no mobile phone coverage.
We write this because we feel the necessity as civilians and as caring wwoofers hoping to avoid that something terrible could happen to any person in the future.  Probably people could think that we are "trouble makers" by publishing this, but that's the risk we are deciding to take in order to try to help others....

This is to report the farm MEX 0138, owner Patrick Carrier.

He was reluctant to give us the opportunity to volunteer as wwoofers because he said that he needed money, so then he offered us a deal of having a private room at his farm to work for 3 and a half hours from Monday to Friday and to pay $ 500 pesos per person per week including meals, he put in writing the following to us, his exact words: "I only got one room that is private with a door you can lock so I can reserve it for you", that was the agreement we had between us and that's what we accepted, paid for and that's why we came. 

When we finally arrived at his farm and after he accepted our money he said: "Oh by the way, you are not going to be able to have your room for 2 days", we said "Why?"  He said he just started doing business with the AIRBNB company and that AIRBNB booked our private room for 2 days to someone else for more money than we paid on the same dates that we were going to stay, and then he told us that he wanted to take us out from our private room for those 2 days and put us upstairs or that we could sleep in a tent and told us that we should accept it if we wanted to be part of the community.  We told him that this was not the agreement that we had with him and that we have just paid him for, and he immediately got violent and smashed a plate on the floor screaming horrible nasty words and told us that we were not welcomed and said "get the fu_k out of here!!".  The farm was well off the grid and included a desolated stretch of jungle road of 12 kilometers, we paid the owner $ 180 pesos to pick up us in Tulum ADO bus station and to drive us to his farm.  When he told us to get out of there that we were not welcomed, he told us that he wasn't gonna drive us back and told us to walk back ourselves.  This was a life threatening situation:  We needed to walk 12 kms in unfamiliar jungle at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, without water and carrying 6 pieces of luggage.  We will never have made it out of that jungle alive back to Tulum since our cell phones did not function in that isolated area and therefore we were unable to call a cab or for any help from the police.

On the 12kms drive through the jungle there was at least one fork on the road  so it was possible that we would gotten totally lost.  Therefore, simply stated, we were held hostages and we had to do everything possible to plead with the owner to drive us back.  It was stressful to the point of tears.  He finally agreed to drive us back, a trip which we paid for and had to endure an hour of constant and derogatory abusive conversation including  abusive remarks even of a sexual nature like: "you certainly just suc _ _ng  his  c_ _k" and much more horrible nasty things. 

When he was driving us he actually told us that if we would dare to say something bad or negative about him, he would get/send very bad karma to us until he would "suck our souls"... Simply unbelievable... All his horrible and despicable behavior was just inconceivable....

We just caution anyone who would consider making arrangements to work at this farm to understand that you are proceeding at your own risk.

There actually has been another negative report posted about Patrick Carrier from a woman who said she felt threatened when he became violent with a machete in his hand.  *(Please see this report below that she wrote to WWOOF).  
He also totally berated wwoofers saying that they are not good workers because they come from "privilege families" and are members of the "elite" and are only doing it as "a primitive vacation" and opportunity to post on Facebook.  He said that he was through with wwoofers, that he was never gonna accept any other wwoofers again, and that he had not had any positive experience with wwoofers and said that the WWOOF organization of Mexico was only concerned with making money and that was their sole motive and he was no longer going to maintain a business association with the WWOOF Organization of Mexico.  He also said that WWOOF is illegal because they take jobs away from poor Mexicans and deprive them of earning money for themselves and their families.  He said that he hates WWOOF and wwoofers.

This happened August 1, 2014.

Signed,
Disappointed volunteers who still believe in WWOOF and in the good farmers who truly BELIEVE in this whole wonderful movement of helping Mother Earth through sustainable projects as we also do.

******************************************************************************************************************************************
*by Nicole duance on June 1, 2014 at 10:02am Hi, I would not recommend volunteering with MEX013 in Quintana Roo http://www.wwoofmexico.org/profile/PatrickCarrier

I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO GO THERE ALONE

It is very far from the village and the only transport provided is a bicycle which takes a long time to ride to town.
The owner, Patrick Carrier, takes a lot of drugs and becomes very aggressive at times.
They charge M$500 pesos per person, per week for food (very expensive!) but are using this to make a profit and do not give you enough to last the time.
Patrick has extreme beliefs about hidden societies which are controlling the earth, that he has psychic powers and can read the minds of humans and animals and control their behaviour.
One day I accidentally upset him and he was yelling at me and getting very close with a machete. I was quite scared as I was very isolated there is no mobile phone coverage.

Hola WWOOF Mexico,

So I just started my research on WWOOF and been narrowing down possible farms that I would like to work at. I want to start somewhere around Mexico City down to Oaxaca and possibly Guerrero with a final destination in Chiapas. Before I email any of the farms that I'm interested in, I was wondering if anyone knows of any farms that need help or a are currently accepting WWOOFers.

I'm a beginner and not very experienced in farm work but I'm very open to learning and giving it my best to help out with anything that is needed. I'd appreciate any help or recommendations.

Thank you,

Cesar R.

Hola todos!!!

Soy Joannie, una mujer de 24 años. Estudio en desarrollo sustantable a la Uni de Laval, en Canada, estudio a distancia con internet.

Me gustaria ayudarlos a su campo EN OAXACA  por el mes de octubre (4 semanas o mas)!

Tengo experienza en

-CONSTRUCTION (earthship, construction con materiales naturales)

-AGRICULTURA (Permacultura, Biodynamic) Estudie en permacultura y acabo de recebir mi certificado en mayo. En total hize WWOOFing por 2 anos y  he trabajado en jardin de comunidad, de guarderias donde trabajo a Canada.

-SALUD (todo lo que hay que ver con la salud me gusta- Yoga, yerbas medecinales, meditation, deportes, bici, comida...)

*** Voy estudiar a distancia en desarrollo durable (Universidad de Canada). Necesitare de estudiar por internet (tengo un laptop conmigo).

Tengo un chingo de entusiasmo de ir a visitarlos !!!!!!!!!!

Hasta pronto :)

Joannie

http://www.wwoofmexico.org/profile/joanniemenard

55 40 18 36 38

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by WWOOF Mexico.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service